They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it; for it is money they have and peace they lack.
  -James Earl Jones "Field of Dreams"
and don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road
  -Bob Dylan "Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest"

Friday, August 15, 2003

I left work at 9:30 this morning to drive to Cricket Pavilion. I was actually standing in front of the box office before 10. There was a woman there with her son, waiting to do the same deal that I was. At 10:05 she decided to knock on the window of the box office and find out why they weren't opening at 10 like they were supposed to. Someone from the cleaning crew pulled up the blind and explained that the box office that we were at was not opening at 10, that we had to go to the West box office. Grumble. Of course there was a (short) line on that side, a line that moved very slowly. At the front of the line was a young man who had no clue what he was doing. It was clearly his first day. There was a woman standing off to the side who was training him. I eventually got the two Lollapalooza I had come for. The guy never checked my ID, so John could have done this himself.

No comments: