They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it; for it is money they have and peace they lack.
  -James Earl Jones "Field of Dreams"
and don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road
  -Bob Dylan "Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest"

Monday, August 18, 2003

The Diamondbacks have had a crummy few days. losing 4 of their last 5. It took an eight inning, one hit, 12 K gem from Schilling to win the single game, and that one was in doubt until the last pitch.

The gasoline situation has gotten much worse. On Friday I noticed the empty light come on in my Jeep near PV Mall. I decided to stop at the next station, which was the Mobil at Tatum and Thunderbird. No gas. I figured that the Mobil a mile north of there would be out too but it wasn't so I filled up. The next morning I figured I'd better get a can of gas for the lawn mower. The Mobil was now out, the Safeway was still out, but the two stations at 64th Street and Greenway were pumping. John tried on Sunday afternoon, found nothing open, finally went out at 10:00 and waited in line to pay $1.95 for regular. This morning I passed 3 stations on the way to work and they were all out. I wrote a letter to the editor the Republic complaining about the lousy job that they have done in reporting this.

No comments: