They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it; for it is money they have and peace they lack.
  -James Earl Jones "Field of Dreams"
and don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road
  -Bob Dylan "Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest"

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Four Enthusiastic Thumbs Up

As I drove home from work on Thursday, I was stopped at the light at 3rd Ave and McDowell, next to the Willow House. In a car behind me was a young woman, maybe 17 and what I assumed was her younger brother, probably about 14. They looked like they would have been comfortable hanging out at the Willow House. The girl, who was driving, suddenly started smiling and pointing at my right rear bumper. Soon her brother was smiling and laughing as well. I gave a thumbs up gesture and they both returned the signal with both hands, smiling broadly. They had been looking at my bumper sticker that says 01.20.09 - Bush's Last Day.

1 comment:

John Benjamin said...

Glad to see young people in Phoenix getting in on the fun of the coming rout of the GOP. YAY!