They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it; for it is money they have and peace they lack.
  -James Earl Jones "Field of Dreams"
and don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road
  -Bob Dylan "Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest"

Monday, January 21, 2008

Never Mind

This is not news to anybody who reads this, probably, but in early November I was informed by my employer that my position was being eliminated and that my last day would be 11/23. Since that day was the day after Thanksgiving the real last day would be 11/21. On 11/20 (!) I was offered an extension for two months, making the new last day 01/25. Today, with 4 days to spare, I got an offer to stay. I had a couple of other offers but this makes the most sense since I can retire from Motorola on 06/01/2010 if I can hang on that long. Three months of hell, but it ended the way I had hoped.

No comments: