They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it; for it is money they have and peace they lack.
  -James Earl Jones "Field of Dreams"
and don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road
  -Bob Dylan "Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest"

Sunday, January 25, 2009

New stuff


Last weekend I brought home a Samsung CLP-315 Color Laser Printer. It was $149 at Office Max and seems to make high quality color prints. I also ordered a Dell Inspiron 518 which was delivered on Thursday. The last few PCs had been HPs. Probably anecdotal, but I had a LOT of problems with them. Our current desktop has a bad hard drive. So it made sense to go with Dell. Somebody at work gave me a code that got me a discount, saved about $50. I was able to custom order it, which makes it a lot better than buying from a retailer. I got 4GB RAM, a media card reader, Vista Home Premium, and NO productivity software. I like Vista so far. The only casualty would appear to be my scanner, which I can't get to work even though the vendor has drivers for Vista.

No comments: