- The online poll at the bottom of the Valley section is sometimes interesting. They ask a question and provide the results of yesterday's poll
- The online poll at the bottom of the Sports section is a waste of space and an insult to the readers. They ask a question and direct you to their web page to find out the results, i.e. all it is is an ad for their web page
- "The Heat Index" on page 2 of the Sports section is just plain awful. It is supposed to be funny but rarely is. It is always mean spirited, though. It's a name-dropping gossip column with a bad attitude.
- I could not care less about the daily status of negotiations with some spoiled (soon to be) rich kid that the Diamondbacks drafted. Actually there is one thing that I do care less about, and that is the identity of the kid's agent, whose name is repeated in each article
- Bill Goodykoontz is a terrible TV critic. He has like 3 things to say and he repeats them over and over again. He should go back to sports.
- It is insulting that they are running Calvin and Hobbes reruns to help promote some book that is coming out. They bumped Peanuts to the classified section immediately when it went into reruns. Just what makes Calvin and Hobbes so important? Side note: neither Susan nor I have ever once read "Rose is Rose" which is the strip that replaced Peanuts
They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it; for it is money they have and peace they lack.
-James Earl Jones "Field of Dreams"
and don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road
-Bob Dylan "Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest"