They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it; for it is money they have and peace they lack.
  -James Earl Jones "Field of Dreams"
and don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road
  -Bob Dylan "Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest"

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Maybe I shouldn't go out in public

I am not a smiley person, as is often pointed out to me. I get things like "are you having a bad day?" from perfect strangers when I feel just fine. Usually it comes from the lady at the cash register in the Safeway. This time it came from a Beatle. We went to see Ringo Starr at the Dodge Theatre tonight. We had really good seats, in the front row of the fixed seats (there were 4 rows of folding chairs in front of us). After the first or second song he started talking with the crowd. "Is everybody having a good time?" and the like. I am sitting there leaning my head on my hand listening to him when looks straight at me and says "how about you, are YOU having a good time?" Then he points at me and says, "yes, I mean you, sir" and then imitates my head resting on my hand. I did my best to smile and he moved on. Unbelievable.

No comments: